The pricing is a huge factor at play when it comes down to how well your skins can sell.
To start, it’s important that you don’t give away your skins for cheap!
Players who will be looking to export heroes to the will be looking for valuable skins. Blockchain
If the price of your best skin (your legendary skin) is too cheap, then it is extremely easy for many people to get.
If too many people get your skin, it loses its rarity, therefore becoming undesirable for other players to acquire if they are looking to export heroes with your skin to the . Blockchain
This is something you need to keep in mind when determining the price of your skins. Your legendary skin should never be sold for a cheap price!
Another great tool to use when setting the requirements of your skins is the "at least x amount donation."
For example, let’s imagine your skins have the following requirements set:
- Rare 3: At least $5 donation
- Epic: At least $10 donation
- Legendary: At least $20 donation
If a player donates $20, they will get the rare 3 skin, the epic skin, and the legendary skin. This is extremely useful as it allows players to feel like they are getting more value for their money.
Another great strategy to take advantage of are Gem giveaways.
On Twitch, for every subscriber you have each month, you will receive $5 worth of . With those Gems, you can send them to your account or give them away to other players. Gems
As a result, it’s a great idea to have one of your best skins set to your subscription skin. This will allow you to get a lot more for free, and with those Gems, you can give them away to players that donate for your more expensive skins. Gems
To summarize, when pricing your skins, you want to focus on the following:
- Price your legendary skin quite expensive relative to the other skins. This will create a strong incentive for players interested in the to come collect your skin. Blockchain
- Take advantage of the Gem giveaway ability, and set a high quality skin to the requirement which gives you additional . On Twitch, this is a subscription. Gems
- Use the “at least X donation” instead of "exactly X donation" for the skin requirements. This will allow players to get multiple skins at a time, which will encourage more people to spend money.
What prices should you set your skins around?
If you are an already established streamer or content creator, you already have a good idea of how much people donate to you on a regular basis. You can price your skins around those values.
If you are a new streamer or content creator, you want to start your skin pricing relatively cheap. Eventually, as you get more donations and figure out how much people donate to you on a regular basis, you can price your future skins accordingly.